CNC Cutting Tool - Countersink
Hello Readers, Today we will discuss about Countersink. A countersink is a tool that helps to cut a canonical hole in an object or material.
When countersink bolt is put in the hole, then it flushes below or with the surface of the surrounding material. Moreover, it is also useful to remove the burr left from a drilling operation.
It is used in many tools like a drill, milling machine, lathe etc.
In this article apart from this, we will discuss the types of countersink, features of countersink, specifications of countersink, and material of countersink.
You can check a wide range of Countersink here
Types of Countersink
There are four main types of countersink which we are going to discuss in this article.
- Cross-hole Countersink
- Fluted Countersink
- Back Countersink
- Form Countersink
Cross- Hole Countersink
This is a cone shape tool with the cutting edge equip by a hole that goes through the side of the cone. Moreover, there is an intersection of hole and cone from the cutting edge of the tool.
This cone is not truly symmetric. If this cone is not symmetric, then the cutting edge will lack clearance and rub rather than bite into the material.
Cross hole is mainly used as a deburring tool. Moreover, to deal with the softer material, cross-hole is helpful.
This countersink cutter helps to provide a heavy chamfer in the entrance to a drilled hole. It has six common angles which are 60°, 82°, 90°, 100°, 110°, or 120°.
It has two most common angle 82° and 90°. Moreover, in the aerospace industry, countersunk typically have an angle of 100°.
Back countersink is also called an inserted countersink. Moreover, it is a two-piece countersink use on tough areas.
One component is a rod which inserts in the hole of the workpiece, and another part is a cutter which attaches with the rod. Moreover, the use of back countersink reduces setup time in several ways.
This countersink is also called as dimpling. It helps the sheet metal to increase the strength of the structure. In form countersink, two processes are involved.
These two processes are coin dimpling and radius dimpling. Moreover, this countersink is mainly used in household appliance design.
Form countersink reduces the cost and increases the quality of the product.
Features of Countersink
Many countersinks offer unique features to fulfill all your particular needs. These features include coated tips, reverse countersinks, integral stops, and integral pilots.
- Coated tips: It helps in cutting lubricity and provides abrasion resistance for longer tool life.
- Integral Stop: It helps in depth control. Moreover, it prevents penetrating beyond a specified depth.
- Reverse Countersink: These countersinks do not have a point. It is useful when a point could pierce too deeply into a given material. Moreover, it compromises its structural integrity.
- Integral Pilot: It helps countersink to locate predrilled holes.
Specification of Countersink
There are various essential characteristics of countersink.
- Engagement Angle: Countersink has a wide range of engagement angles. These angles are 60°, 82°, 90°, 100°, 110°, 120°, 130°, and 140°.
- Body Diameter: Diameter of the counter body is above the angle.
- Shank Diameter: Diameter of hex size and taper size of the mounting shank.
- Number of Flutes: Number of cutting edges and flutes on the countersink.
Material of Countersink
The countersink is available in a wide range of material. The most commonly used material is high-speed steel, cobalt steel, carbide and carbide tips, and diamond tips.
- High-Speed Steel: It is the most cost-efficient cutting material. It is mainly used in general applications.
- Cobalt Steel: Cobalt steel is harder than high-speed steel. Moreover, it helps in cutting stainless steels and alloys.
- Carbide: It is much harder than high-speed steel. Moreover, it lasts longer and wears less. It has several coatings, so the cutter life increases.
- Diamond Grades: Diamond grades like PCD have a very long life. Moreover, it is helpful in very high-speed cutting.
So if you are planning to buy a Countersink, then you can buy it from Suncutting tools. You can trust us as we provide full value for money deal.
All the products sold on the Suncutting tool are quality products and check by experts before it is ready to sold.